Mar 20, 2014

Mixed Media Queeny Girl

I love mixed media, and I admire all those that work in that field.  Although, I love it I'm not the best person in creating these types of projects.  In fact, I'm working on learning more about it and as I learn I have created a lovely piece that, I'm still in shock that I created the piece.

I started out with a watercolor paper, and I wanted to make something for my daughter who will soon be turning 18 in April.  I know she is a girly girl and she was my mom's Queeny.  I wanted to use some of my doll drawings and textures.  So, what I did was I drew the Mixed Media Doll, and then I went crazy, I started to draw the body almost like the old school paper dolls, that you changed clothes and body parts.  Well, I did that with my Mixed Media Doll, I made her interchangeable.

Color was important and I wanted colors that were pastels yet not so pastels, so I started out with a Prima Madeline 6x6 paper pad.  I tore up the pages and glued them to the watercolor paper.  By taking some paints, paste, and Tim Holtz's stencil I was able to give it a 3D affect in several areas. I stamped the background with various of Tim Holtz stamps to add more layers and textured affects.

Using my  Lyra Watercolor pencils I colored in my Mixed Media Doll and I then worked with lace and trim to dress her up.

Here is what I came up with.

 I used Prima Paper Flowers to embellish the corner.
 I was pretty amazed of what I had come up with and I think she will love this piece.  Its cute, its pretty, and it's definitely my Queeny!  She has the beautiful eyes and her long beautiful hair.  My Queeny will be sure to love this piece and it will be something she could always cherish.

I gave the girls from my Facebook Group Creando Con Detalles to create a Mixed Media project and this was my inspiration for them.

Be sure to checkout our website at www.creatingwithdetails.com.




No comments :

Post a Comment