Sep 10, 2014

Altered Cross Frame

I love altering things, and for this week I created a lovely Cross Frame with some pieces of misc. items that I had laying around in my craft room.

This project if very easy to make and quick too, I was surprised on how fast I completed this project and used very little efforts.  The inspirations came from a piece of art I saw at a show recently and I loved the idea so much I just had to try it out but throw in my altering techniques to make it a more unique piece.

I started out with a frame that I picked up about a year ago in a garage sale.  I loved the frame and I thought for the price I just had to add to my collection of misc. craft junk.  Neat less to say I found the perfect project for it.

Now I did a Faber Castell Gelato technique to give it that background drip look on the canvas piece.  I then painted the frame with some paint and rubbed some Inka Gold Copper on the details of the frame, which really made the frame pop out more.

Here is what I came up with, and I really hope you like what you see, because it was fun, it was easy, and it looks like its worth a lot more than what I invested in the whole thing.



 
The metal embellishments can be from on the Creating With Detail store.  I used some of my metal filigree and some other pieces I have laying around to create this gorgeous Cross. 
 
Materials Use:
 
Old picture frame
Metal Embellishments
Inka Gold - Copper (Available not posted on website ask for price)
Faber Castell Gelatos
Mist Water Bottle
Heat Glue
 
Well thank you for visitng and I hope you liked my project for today.
 

14 comments :

  1. Que bonito mai y la creatividad para acomodar los metales me encsntaron los colores para hacerlo lucir felicidades

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous framed piece. So lovely and intricate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mai,que bello¡¡¡ me encantan esos materiales que usaste¡¡belleza total¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mai, te puedo decir que está encantador!!! Los miselaneos que usaste me fascinan!!! El fondo mix con gelatos una tecnica muy bien realizada y que hace realzar el Arte expuesto! Muy bien logrado!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Muchas gracias chicas por sus hermoso comentarios!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wooow Mai que belleza!!! un trabajo encantador!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic design Mai! Love the embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. superrrr me fascinaron los materiales!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mai, I loved the background technique. All the creating with details looks gorgeous in this frame. I love it!!! Congratulations for your wonderful creation. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you ladies for all your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wooo sin palabras todo un arte.

    ReplyDelete