Sep 17, 2014

Shabby My Lady Paper Mache Mannequin

I am totally loving this next project, because its vintage and shabby chic! I brought some paper mache mannequin for our online store a while back and as I was moving things around, I took one look and instantly I knew what I wanted to create.

The most difficult part of when I have something I want to create on my mind is finding the things to complete the project.  For this particular project I had to track down some old books along with old music sheets.  I went to our nearest library, which is where I go to find old books, however, I did not find anything old that I could reuse for the purpose of creating my project.  So, off I went to the Goodwill, and there they were the two things I needed to created my project.

I was so lucky to actually find some old music books, so I grabbed what I could and off I was distressing the music sheets in coffee.  Since I wanted to really give it a good distressed look I crumbled the sheets and let them sit in coffee for several hours.  After several hours soaking in coffee they were ready to be ironed dried.  I ironed dried the sheets and now I was ready for part 2 of my Shabby My Lady Paper Mache Mannequin.

Now Part 2 was the easy part, because I just applied some Gesso directly to the paper mache and let it dry for about 1hrs.  Actually while that dried up I was at work!  Once completely dried I painted the base of my Paper Mache Mannequin with black acrylic paint.  I then started Mod Podging the music sheets onto the upper and lower part of the body.  I used a lot of Mod Podge just to ensure that they stuck well to the Paper Mache Mannequin.

Once that all dried up I started to fan out some torn out pieces of the old book that I picked up at the Goodwill.  I applied the old torn out pieces all around the lower part of the body to create the skirt.  After finishing up on the skirt, I then applied my trim and lace that we carry on our online store Creating With Details. 





Materials Used:

Gesso
Acrylic Paint
Old Book Pages
Old Music Sheets
Acrylic Wheat Spray
Paper Flowers
Coffee Resin Cameo B#13884
Black Cabochon Frame B#21709
Black Applique Trim (New Arrival - Available but not yet listed on website.  Please contact for price)
Ivory Scallop Trim
Paper Mache Mannequin
Feathers
Mod Podge
Hot Glue Gun

I hope you enjoyed this new project that I created for you all today.  Please be sure to check out our other upcoming projects and visit our online store Creating With Details.



14 comments :

  1. realmente belloooo¡¡¡ me encantó ,Mai ¡¡

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOOOOOOOWWWWrealmente es una gran belleza ,me encanto Mai!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Que belleza mai ...yo quiero unooooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow que hermosura de maniqui, me super enanto. Una belleza total

    ReplyDelete
  5. Espectacular amiga!!! que hermosura!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great project. Just signed up to follow you on g+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for following us Barbara, we will be doing a drawing on Friday once we get 30 new followers to the blog. Again thanks :)

      Delete
  7. Un Bello y elegante maniquí!!! Los Detalles me encantan, ese cameo o camafeo esta de lujo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A NO PERO QUE ES ESTA MARAVILLA DE MANIQUI???? UN TRABAJO DIGNO DE ADMIRAR Y ES QUE CON ESOS PRODUCTOS DE LA TIENDA SE VEN TODO DE LUJO MUCHAS GRACIAS POR TANTA INSPIRACION BESITOS

    ReplyDelete
  9. demasiado bello como todos tus trabajos

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hermosisimooooooooooooooooo!!! estas combinando tu trabajo escolar con tu amor al arte!!! me alegra mucho que puedas invertir el tiempo para poder seguir creando tus UNICO proyectos!!! Cada detalle es perfecto!!!

    Cariños!!

    Mis Cinco Amores SCrap

    ReplyDelete
  11. Muchas gracias chicas por sus bello comentarios. Un abrazo a todas!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!!! WOW!!!!! Es una "OBRA DE ARTE" Te felicito Mai, que Diosito siga bendiciendo ese talento increible que tienes!

    ReplyDelete