Nov 18, 2014

Granny's Treasure Box

Hello friends! Madge Gillen here and today I am beyond excited to share with you my project that I created using the AMAZING products from Creating With Details.  I altered my daughters phone box. I was cleaning up and saw the box and thought BINGO!! I know what I am going to make with this. And then the magic happened.


Here is a photo of my project that I created.


This is a side view of my altered box.  I wanted to share with you this view so you can see the wonderful Box Corner Antique Bronze claw feet that I added to my box.  I am in love with these little guys! They are so fun to work with and can take an ordinary box and turn it into a beautiful piece of art.


This is a top view of my treasure box.  I used many different mediums to create the coloring of the box. I first took some off white paint and a foam brush and painted the whole box. (The box was a natural wood grain box) The off white paint gave it a nice white washed effect.  I then took some molding paste, using my fingers and wiped onto the top of the box.  After allowing it to dry I took some Lindy's Stamp Gang Plat Shot "Pink Ladies Pink" found in the CWD store and mixed it with a little Gesso.  By mixing it with Gesso it made a pink consistency paint and I then brushed the paint over the whole box.  I love the softness of the Plat Shot. After this was dry I then took some Tim Holtz mini distress ink "Walnut Stain" and distressed the box. This gave the box a fun antique look and feel.  I then took Gold Leaf Rub-n-Buff and wiped it onto the box. This brought in the fun metallic feel.  The Ivory Chiffon ruffle pearl trim on the bottom of the box adds the perfect touch! Once all of these steps where complete. I then added the embellishments.

Every single embellishment on this box came from CWD shoppe!! I placed the heart lace doily at the top of the box allowing the tops to hang over the side.  I wanted to carry the soft look of the lace.  I used a Large Filligree Round antique bronze metal disc, the antique bronze leaf, the cute Swallow eggs nest charm, Several small flat back pearls. Two large flat back pearls, a beautiful Cameo Embellishment with frame and this beautiful Chiffon pink flower


I hope that you liked my Granny's Treasure Box Today!!! Be sure to get all of your goodies at the Creating With Details Store {HERE}.

Here is a list of all of the product used from Creating With Details. Everything else was in my stash.
*heart lace doily
Filligree Round antique bronze metal disc
antique bronze leaf
*Swallow eggs nest charm
*Several small flat back pearls
*Two large flat back pearls
*Cameo Embellishment
*Chiffon pink flower
* Ivory Chiffon ruffle pearl trim 
*Plat Shot
*Box Corner Antique Bronze claw feet 

Your Creating With Details Designer,




12 comments :

  1. Oh My Lord, I love love love this! Gorgeous! Super thrilled to have you on our team!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Madge , I just love this project <3. I can see this setting on my gram's dresser she would have cherished it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome first project Madge, I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Beautiful Treasures box! I liked the texture and room decoration, lace is really Beautiful! Very Elegant entire set !!! I fell in love with this treasure box jejejejejeje

    ReplyDelete