Dec 2, 2014





“Christmas in Paris”paper mache top hat by Michelle

There is nothing that gears me up more for the holidays than the sights, the sounds and yes, even the smells of the this wonderful season. So in thinking about these things, I was inspired by the holidays of old. Walking along the snow covered streets and bridges, seeing the decorations of wreaths and of pine trees. The sound of carolers singing a Christmas tune, and the lights. And just imagine the wondrous beauty of the Eiffel Tower, amid a blanket of snow. This was inspiration for my project this week, the paper mache top hat.
I used a paper mache top hat just like the one found in the Creating With Details online store.  http://www.creatingwithdetailsstore.com/#!product/prd1/3264818351/paper-mache-top-hat-9x11%22
Covered with a beautiful 12x12 paper from my personal stash, torn and applied with Mod Podge Matte medium. I added beautiful lace and appliques, and embellishments of pearl, rhinestone, wood, and chipboard.



I hope this brings you to think of Christmas’s of long ago, and inspires you to create something beautiful!   Au Revoir Joyeux Noël!
ALL LACES used in this design, are from the Creating With Details online store, as well as the pearl and rhinestone brooch, and red wheat sprays.
All other embellishments are from my personal stash.

Thank you for stopping by, and be sure to check back daily, for new inspiring projects by the Creating With Details Design Team!





















8 comments :

  1. ooo la la!!!! That is GORGEOUS! Oh Lord this Christmas Paris Top Hat is just amazingly gorgeous. Each of the details is just stunning. Thank you for inspiring us and filling us with the spirit of Christmas. Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is simply Beautiful!!! I am in love with this!!! Whistle Whistle!!! Simply gorgeous!!!! Love every single detail that this has!!!! Whoop Whoop great Job!!! loves-Madge

    ReplyDelete
  3. UN EXQUISITO TRABAJO MIS FELICITACIONES TODO DE LUJO. BESITOS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, this is exquisite, great job! Love your theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just stunning!!!! I am in total awe <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. This project just blows my mind! No other way to describe it! I'm so lucky to be among these great ladies who's crafting is so unique and special. I love the style of this hat!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, such talent Michelle. This is so so so pretty. Something I would definitely use as a decoration in my home any day of the week. I just wanna hold it and look at it more closely, lol.

    ReplyDelete