Dec 18, 2014

"Peace Vase"

Hi my crafty friends!

Today I am bringing you what I call the "Peace Vase".  In the spirit of the season of peace and good will to all men, I wanted to create something that could represent Peace, purity and tranquility. The white represents purity of heart and the all white color scheme is meant to portray tranquility. When you feel purity of heart and tranquility, peace is sure to follow.  I hope that when you look at this you feel these feelings, not only today but everyday throughout the year.


This vase began life as a scratched, chipped wooden vase. I covered the entire surface with crinkled white tissue paper applied with Mod Podge. The next step was using a 6x6 doily stencil and spakling compound, texture paste can also be used to add texture to two sides of the vase. I added pieces of cheese cloth to add even more texture. I applied a medium coat of gesso to the entire surface of the vase. After this dried I sprayed the entire surface of the vase with Perfect Pearls Mist in Biscotti to add a soft sheen to the vase. I added white roses and white poinsettias from my stash as well as pearl stems and crystal stems to the vase. The picture below shows the vase without the flowers.

Now came the fun part! I used the Venise Lace Trim Scalloped Trim and cut medallions from the trim and adhered them to the vase on all sides. Just under the rim of the vase I applied a strip of Venise White Lace Trim. Under the rim of the vase I glued a string of pearlescent pearls from my stash. I then finished off the vase by adding bling using the Silver Rhinestone Crystal Pearl Necklace and earrings. I cut apart the necklace to make individual bling pieces.

This was a fun project to create and was relatively simple to do. This vase could also be used for holding a wedding bouquet. I hope that you enjoy this vase as much as I enjoyed creating it! May your lives be filled with Peace, Purity of heart and tranquility and may God make His face to shine upon you.

Products Used From creatingwithdetailsstore.com/

Gesso 
Venise Lace Trim Scalloped Trim
Venise White Lace Trim
Silver Rhinestone Crystal Pearl Necklace and Earrings

Products used from my stash.
Vase
White tissue paper
Mod Podge
6 x 6 doily stencil
Cheese Cloth
Perfect Pearls Mists-Biscotti
String of pearls
Glue gun
Scissors






7 comments :

  1. very beautiful. And goes with every occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful message, Gorgeous Vase! I love all your delicious details!!!! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning creation Robbin? I'm anxious to try using different textures in my projects! I think it looks amazing ! Great job Robbin! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry i should proof read before posting lol meant that question mark to be a exclamation ;)

      Delete
  4. Well, I had already stated, that with you and Mai, I am really beginning to get into this "shabby" thing ;) This my friend, just exquisite! Love the purity of it! Like a fresh fallen snow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this vase Robbin! Can you do a class to teach us all how to make one pretty please?! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SIN PALABRAS UNA BELLEZA DE TRABAJO.

    ReplyDelete