Dec 8, 2014

Shabby Chic Christmas Sleigh

I have been working on my Christmas Tree and my loving husband has allowed me to decorate our tree, my way.  One of the things that I wanted to bring to our tree was a touch of things I love and enjoy.

In 2011, I had made some Christmas Ornaments and I was going through some of my old stuff and found them.  The original ornaments were basically rustic colors, because that is how our house was decorated.  This year I have toned down the rustic colors and add more lighter colors, because we live in an area that barely gets sunlight.  To do that I have incorporated more of the white tones throughout the house just to brighten up the house more.

Anyway, I would like to share my original ornament that I had made in 2011 using the rustic colors and my shabby chic version.


This version is the one I created in 2011 using more of the rustic colors that we had in our home at the time.  The paper flowers were made by me using various flower punches.  I painted the sleigh and  stressed it and applied some texture too.

Now for my newer version I made it more Shabby Chic and I used Tim Holtz Pionsetta Die along with some Donna Salazar Fairy Dust Shimmer to give it that shabbylicious look.




I basically painted the unpainted sleight with just gesso and applied some distress ink.  

I used seam binding, beaded sprays, and other embellishments to give it the look that I absolutely love.

Materials Used:

Seam Binding
Tim Holtz Pionsetta Die
Mod Podge
Prima Butterfly
Owl (Found at Walmart)
Sandpaper & Distress Ink

The original sleigh was a lot bigger than this sleigh but I still love how it turned out.
Thanks for visiting and I hope this inspires you to create one for your tree.



9 comments :

  1. I love how shabby this turned out! I hope mine will look as great as this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!!! I have a little sleigh too, thank you for the inspiration!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies, I know you ladies will totally rock it! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession. I had taken a sneak peek last night, and my jaw hit the floor. These are just STUNNING! Absolutely stunning! Another confession, I am finding a new love for :shabby", without my "grungy" spin, with all of these beautiful and breathtaking creations! Mai, you are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Michelle you are such a sweetheart. Confession I take a sneak peak on all the lovely creations you awesome ladies put out every week ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous Mai, I love it, very festive!

    ReplyDelete