Jan 22, 2015

Hey Crafty Ladies! Thanks for stopping by! I stepped way out of my comfort zone on this one, and went Steam Punk! I call this one Wings of My Heart. I think this could be a great Valentine gift or either a man or a woman. I hope you like it!



The products from Creating With Details used in this project are:

Puffy Heart
Stampendous Ochre
2- Floral metal filigree
2- Metal Filigree Cabachon
Antique Bronze tone filigree flower wrap
Antique Bronze Filigree wrap connectors
Flower Antique Bronze Pull Knob Handles
Antique Bronze Tone Filigree flower wraps
Bronze Flower Wrap

Items used from my stash:
KaiserCraft wings
Various nuts, bolts and washers
Buttons
Small round mirrors
Pieces of a broken bracelet
Tim Holtz gears
Tim Holtz Watch faces
Tim Holtz Swivel Caps
E6000
Fleur De Lis
Tim Holtz letters
Bling Crown
Gold Acrylic Paint
Gold toned glitter
Old Key
Mod Podge

I began by covering the entire heart with Stampendous Ochre, by applying Mod Podge to the entire surface and then sprinkling on the Stampendous Ochre.  I then applied a piece of drywall tape to part of the heart and went over that with a light coat of spakling compound. I painted the drywall tape with gold acrylic paint and added some gold toned glitter. I cut slits on either side of the top of the heart to insert the wings which were coated with the gold tone glitter, into and adhered them with E6000. I also cut a hole in the bottom of the heart and inserted the swivel cap and added E6000 there as well. Once all of this dried I began gluing on the embellishments. There really is no right or wrong way to place the embellishments, I just placed them randomly on the front and back of the heart.  The following picture is the back of the heart.


I left the wings in their natural state in the back and added fewer embellishments so the background of the heart could be more easily seen. I really like the look the Stampendous Ochre gave, it looks almost like a crackle finish.

I hope you like this because I really had fun with this project. 'Come back and see us everyday for more great projects!



5 comments :

  1. Stephanie B's Creative Designs here. LOVE your steampunk heart!!
    Can't wait to see what you make next!!
    http://stephaniescreativezone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's official, you rocked the Steampunk Robbin, love this!

    ReplyDelete