Jan 13, 2015



Inspiration Cards & Altered Tin Prayer Box

This week’s project was inspired by some unexpected circumstances, and my leaning on what I know is true. My faith in God.
 

I began with a square tin, used black gesso, turquoise and worn penny acrylic craft paint. I embellished the top of the box with a piece of scrap lace left over from another project, followed by a metal flower, leaf, cross  and heart embellishment, and a wood cut out butterfly, all distressed with the same paints I used on the tin box, and a mini canvas with scripture. I also added a metal filigree, to be a “mock” latch, and metal feet to the bottom.
 
 

Inside, features coasters covered with Gorjuss paper, inspiring words and scripture to coordinate with the words. I also used flat back pearls, brads, lace stickers, and more mini canvas.
 
 
 
 
 
 

Creating With Details Supply List:


* All remaining supplies used are from my personal stash.

 
Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to stop Creating With Details online store for beautiful lace trims, dazzling bling embellishments and so much more!     http://www.creatingwithdetailsstore.com/
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

 

 
 

 

7 comments :

  1. Chelle, the meaning behind this project is very moving and I have to say it is my favorite thing that you have ever made, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie B's Creative Designs here. I LOVE your Inspiration Cards & Altered Tin Prayer Box!!! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!


    http://stephaniescreativezone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you so much Stephanie. Think this has been one of my favorite projects that I have done.

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous, I never thought of putting feet on the tins!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Germaine. I LOVED the way it turnout out with "feet" gave it an entirely different look

      Delete
  4. Michelle, this is gorgeous and so inspirational!!!!! I love this so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Robbin. They are kind of daily reminders for me, on what to read and cling too

    ReplyDelete